Shahjahanpur City is established by Shri Diler Khan and Shri Bahadur Khan Sons of Shri Dariya Khan who was a soldier in the army of Mugal Emperor JAHANGEER.
Shahjahanpur is a part of Rohilkhand division. It became a part of
Rohilkhand division in 1813 before that it was a part of Bareilly district.
The district Shahjahanpur is adjoined by the districts of Lakhimpur Khiri, Hardoi, Farrukhabad, Bareilly, Budaun & Pilibhit.
Ramganga, Garrah & Gomti are the main rivers of district. Kathana, Jhukma & Mensiare are the attached rivers of Gomti. Garrah is the main river.
Udhyan Park, Mumuksh Ashram, Asfaq Ullah's Old House & Mazar
Ramprasad Bismil's Old House, Thakur Roshan Singh's Old House.
Facts & Figures
|Area||4575 sq. km.|
|Longitude|| 79.37 E|
|Population density||557 Per Sq. K.M.|
|No. of Tehsil||04|
|No. of Blocks||15|
How to ReachBy Air :
airport is AMAUSI (Lucknow). Distance of Lucknow is 180 km (approx)
from Shahjahanpur while distance of New Delhi is 340 km (approx).By Rail :
Saharanpur Jn. is on JAMMU TAWI - HOWARAH rail route (MAIN LINE). So, there are a numbers of trains which passes from here.By Road :
Shahjahanpur District is on the National Highway No. 24 which connects Capital New Delhi and State Capital Lucknow 24 Hours conveyance is available for New Delhi and Lucknow.